Newsletter September 2016 – End of Summer quick Cleaning & Organizing Tips
END OF SUMMER
Quick Cleaning Tips & Organizing Ideas
How about your CAR –
- Start with the interior – remove items that don’t belong
- Tackle the floor mats and tricky spots (cracks / crevices)
- Vacuum the floor and upholstery; wipe down the dashboard; clean the seat belts; de-grime the windows
- THEN tackle the exterior — take it to the car wash experts
Coolers, Grills and Outdoors –
- Thoroughly clean buy using warm soapy water and a sponge so you can get into the crevices. If there are food stains make a paste of baking soda and water using it to scrub the stains away. Be certain to dry your cooler prior to storing.
- At the end of heavy use (summer) remove the grate and submerge in a tub of hot water and 5 drops of dish soap. Soak it for 30 minutes and scrub with a stiff-bristle brush. Rinse off and let it dry for 30 minutes and replace the grate. Drape your grill with a vented cover.
- Check your porch and yard to insure it is not littered with half-filled bags of potting soil or mulch. Locate and clean all your gardening tools and supplies before finding a sheltered area for storage.
Children’s toys and their rooms –
- To get rid of the mildew odor on plastic items add ½ cup baking soda and 1 quart warm water wipe down with microfiber clothes.
- Dust the floor (if wood, tile, etc), even under furniture that you have moved, with dusting mitts that can be worn on your child’s feet.
Party in a box –
- Take those leftover paper goods, mini umbrellas, birthday candles and other party decorations, place all inside a box, label and store.
Valuable kitchen space –
- If you are not going to use that margarita machine, ice cream maker and s’mores toaster during the winter months store in a out of the way place.
Summer reads –
- Did your book collection expand over the summer? Make room for new books that you may want to curl up and read over the winter by sorting and donating those summer reads you acquired. While you are there, just dust those shelves and book spines.
Sort papers –
- Papers do have a way of piling up over the summer. Create piles to shred (documents with personal information), recycle, process, or file. Now is a good time to place a container by the door in which you enter, or on your home work surface to manage paper piles in the future.
|How to clean outdoor toys|