About / Contact
Kay Muelker McManus is the founder of K-Kan, Inc. K-Kan is a business services company. Either virtual or hands-on, our service helps to ease stress, increase productivity giving you an improved sense of control to reach your vision. We handle items that you either do not have time to do, need assistance doing or simply don’t want to do that currently either falls through the cracks or goes neglected.
The K-Kan Story:
Organizational skills must be in my DNA – when I was five I caught the school bus and headed off to the first grade with an over-sized, compartmentalized, brief case in hand.
At an early age I used to organize family entertainment events using items from the 1904 house I found in the attic as props and making costumes out of sheets, towels, toilet paper, old hats, cardboard, and otherwise discarded or forgotten items. When my siblings tired of my staging, I enlisted ‘neighbor’ kids, which lived a half mile or more away, as well as young nieces. I stole my best works from the examples of Carol Burnett, Red Skelton, Martha Raye and George Burns. The endings of our skits were patterned after their uttering wonderful and gracious words about the health and harmony of the world, being respectful to the US flag and support of our nation.
After attending college earning a degree in Business Development Marketing I gained positions as product representative, technology sales, and in account management. Many year later, due to a layoff at the technology firm in which I worked, in 2009 I found myself searching for a new path. Soon after that storm, while I was pondering my experiences, my talents and realizing that I enjoyed helping and organizing, my phone started ringing. It was former colleagues who’s support staff had been laid off. They all were asking Kay ‘can’ you help me ? One former colleague would inform another that Kay ‘can’ help, then my assistance services moved outside the technical arena into the general sector.
Later in 2009 “K-Kan Incorporated” became a registered corporation and has been working to support executives, provide virtual and office organizal assistance as well as prepare families for relocation, assist various organizations with marketing efforts and help with accounting and data entry.
Since then I have taken project management classes, became a certified organizer as well as started working with Elfa closet designs all while continuing to serve as an assistant to select technology personnel, futurists and economists.
K-Kan provides virtual assistance;
home, office and record organization.
Remember when you, for whatever reason, can’t ‘K-Kan’.”
Code of Ethics / Confidentially Agreement
CoE is a set of principles in our professional conduct with our clients, colleagues and community.
- We serve our clients with integrity, competence, and objectivity, and treat them with respect and courtesy.
- We offer services in those areas in which we are experienced and qualified and will accurately represent those qualifications in both verbal and written communications.
- When unable or unqualified to fulfill requests for services, we make every effort to recommend the services of other qualified organizers and/or other qualified professionals.
- We keep confidential all client information, both business and personal, including that which may be revealed by other organizers or individuals.
- We use proprietary client information only with the client’s permission.
- We keep client information confidential and do not use it to benefit the firm, individuals associated with the firm, nor do we reveal this information to others.
- After reviewing the work to be performed and communicating with the prospective client, we provide a Scope of Work document that details fees and out of pocket expenses. Our fees and expenses which are deemed to be reasonable, legitimate, and commensurate with the services delivered, and the level of responsibility.
- Recommendations for products and services will be made, when applicable, with the client’s best interests in mind.
Being organized is an investment in yourself, your family, your home and business. We have a 3-hour minimum appointment time for all work done on-site, however at the initial appointment we recommend 4-6 hours so that we have time to provide strong visible results that first day. For extended jobs and remodels a deposit equal to one half of the estimated job cost is due upon agreement of the Scope of Work. Payment in full is due no later than five days after completion and electronic presentation of an invoice.
To schedule a consultation contact email@example.com or call 512-431-8069.
Lake Travis Toastmasters (2002-Founding Member)
Metropolitan Breakfast Club (Board Member 2014-2016, Member 2014-Present)
National Association of Professional Organizers.
Safe Place – Austin Texas
American Cancer Society
Elks National Foundation – Gonzales Lodge